Valentine’s Day is nearly here once again. The nation’s streets will be overflowing with love and affection for those that we hold near and dear to our hearts. Amongst the abundance of flowers and festivities, don’t lose track of your oral health and put yourself at risk for an oral accident. Prepare your teeth and gums for a successful Valentine’s Day. Here are some tips to consider:
– Avoid sweet treats: Sugary-sweet drinks and treats can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Avoid oral accidents: Watch out for oversized chocolate bars or hard candies as they may chip or crack your teeth. When it comes to sweets, never bite off more than you can chew.
– Choose sweets carefully: Replace chewy, sour, and hard candies with better options such as chocolate or sugarless gum. Look for sugarless gum with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Make a plan: If you prepare in advance for your oral health care, you are less likely to suffer setbacks or overindulge on days of celebration or merrymaking.
– Schedule a visit: Always set aside time each year for oral exams and professional cleanings from our dentists at Express Dental Care at our office in Lynnwood, Washington.
Your oral health care should remain an integral part of your lifestyle all year long. For special occasions, such as Valentine’s Day, extra care and attention should be given to your teeth and gums. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Matthew Hernandez, please call our office at 425-672-8494. We make smiles brighter!